Saturday 23 June 2012

Tumbleweed Moment


Fish fingers and tomato sauce for breakfast at 5.30 am then off to the gym to watch Wales v Australia while struggling along on the running machine. I had a good feeling about this one but inevitably the Aussies go one point ahead and run down the clock in the closing seconds. The Sky Sports commentator evocatively calls this three nil defeat in the series a "tumbleweed moment" for Wales.

I cheer myself up by buying "Honey I Washed the Kids" soap from Lush and then my spirits are wholly restored at lunch with delicious onion and potato pakoras freshly prepared and cooked at Punjabi Tiffin on Swansea market. This is a real gem with friendly staff and a fantastic range of snacks cooked to order - a couple of pounds for food clearly superior to the snobbishly-described but actually boil-in-the-bag sludge served up in most restaurants charging £30 a head. And they have tables too if you've got the time...